Doing Nothing

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Soooo Sleeeeepyyyy

Waking up every weekday at 6:30am is bad enough. What's worse is when your body stupidly wakes up at 6:30am on weekends too. Sure, you can roll around in bed for an extra hour or two, but the damage has been done. Not that I really mind, since I'm a morning person. In my mind, there's nothing better than spending a long morning having tea with toast and reading the paper. Yeah, I'm also actually 75 years old.

Anyway, the down side is that I am constantly tired. I usually recover somewhat by late afternoon, so that I'm fooled into thinking I don't need to go to sleep right away. With the result that I am tired the next morning at work. And I have permanent dark circles under my eyes. I think my memory and general organizational skills have also been suffering. Not to mention my motor skills and general perception, such as judging the position of my head relative to the door.

What I need is a week of doing nothing, except sleeping and relaxing. I don't mean a vacation, since that is actually quite tiring. I don't mean time around the house, because that's actually kind of stressful. Just a week of nothing. Okay, maybe a spa retreat would work also.

Yeah...that would be nice.

2 Comments:

  • christine, i only discovered your blog now/?!?!?! wtf?

    write more!
    ms. s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 p.m., June 08, 2006  

  • What kind of sleep are you getting these days? I'm struck with anxiety from time to time and cannot bring myself to go to bed. But once I do, I sleep well. It's a bit weird.

    By Blogger wy jay, at 1:50 a.m., February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home