Doing Nothing

Saturday, June 10, 2006

And we begin!

Okay, on account of me finding that my friends also have blogs, I am suddenly motivated to post. Yes, I have been super lazy. I blame it on my dull life.

Anyhow, World Cup is on! Yay! It's the only sporting event I really follow. I don't know why, it must be the Hong Kong in my blood. Of course, by "follow", I really mean "watch". I find it very hard to keep track of all the players/teams/coaches and their various athletic conditions, etc. I mean, I just want to watch the game!

I love the idea that soccer can be played by any random group of people - all you need is a bit of space and a reasonably round object. No special tools, setup, or protection. And (at least at the amateurish level) it's quite easy to pick up. There's the ball. Kick it. If you want to do fancy chest or knee bounces, whatever, that's your business. Everyone else, just kick forwards. And really, any number of people can join in, as long as your space is large enough. I guess maybe that's why it's so popular in a number of poorer countries.

I know I suck at soccer, but I still loved playing it in highschool. I wonder if I'd still enjoy playing it now?

1 Comments:

  • The composition of Christine's blood: erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets, plasma and Hong Kong.

    I used to play with my younger siblings and my dad. Of course, that was back when a bit of running wouldn't cause me to keel over from exhaustion.

    I really should exercise more.

    By Blogger wy jay, at 1:55 a.m., February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home